Tuesday 19 March 2013

Sexy STD

I was going to edit these for privacy, but I figured if you've read the blog, you know most of the details anyway. 
I'm on the lookout for wedding crashers! Design from Wedding Chicks.

The path to our Save the Dates was rather simple. My dad's family lives mostly in Ireland, with some cousins putting down roots around the world. Spencer has a cousin in Australia. We knew we'd have to give them some warning ... If it were up to Spencer, we would've just phoned or Facebooked them and that would be that. Now, I only plan on getting married once, so I want to do this right ... And without breaking the bank. So, I turned to Wedding Chicks. There were a few other mock-ups I did, but Spencer and I liked this one the best - it is a little old school looking, and Spencer thought it would look cool as an alcohol label. The other ones were just coloured fonts on white backgrounds, so I also felt that this design was a bit more interesting.

The back of the postcard had a little note:

"Mark your calendars!

We're tying the knot on 
February 15, 2014 in Edmonton,
Alberta and would love for you 
to join us!

With love,

Spencer and Jordanna"

And it also had our website listed. On those cards due for the people who had already sent us an engagement gift, I included a thank you note. 

In order to save money, we decided to only send them to people who had to travel across an ocean. That turned into roughly 17 postcards, so I ordered 20 off of Moo, and away they went!

For everyone else, we've decided word of mouth will be more than enough.

Did anyone else have restrictions on who they sent Save the Dates to?



No comments:

Post a Comment