Sunday 17 March 2013

Celebration

Spencer and I have what I like to call our "busy relationship time" ... I obviously do not have a very good title for it, but bear with me.

Between November 14 and February 21, all of the "important" things people celebrate happen.

We have our dating anniversary, Christmas, New Years, my birthday, Valentine's Day and Spencer's birthday. It's a very expensive time. Not that we celebrate in huge ways, but it does pile up ... Especially with Christmas in there, because Christmas is never just about two people, you have parties, presents, food, alcohol, etc.

This year, for good measure, I think we're going to throw in our engagement anniversary in there - which, my faithful readers, if you remember, is November 30.

We toyed with the idea of getting married in the summer just to spread it out for a bit and have something to look forward to the other 75% of the year, but then we had a better idea! Trade in some celebrations for our wedding anniversary.

This year will most likely be the only time we actually celebrate our engage-iversary, other than that, we'll probably just mark it with a, "Hey, remember when that happened? Good times."

After our wedding, our "busy relationship time" will probably look more like this: Christmas, New Years, my birthday, our wedding anniversary, Spencer's birthday.

Now, I know it's not mandatory to celebrate everything, but I love any good excuse to celebrate! It's just the sheer volume of celebration that gets a tad overwhelming (and it hurts the wallet). And I'll probably get nostalgic and want to celebrate our dating anniversary because I'm a sap like that, but only time will tell.

Have you streamlined your relationship celebrations? And how many times did I say celebration/celebrate in this post (12, including the title)? Did the word lose it's meaning for you too?

No comments:

Post a Comment