Friday 15 March 2013

For lack of a better ...

The theme for our wedding is ... Wait for it ... Wedding!! 

As of right now, I don't have the time or imagination to think of an actual theme for our wedding, nor do I think that is has to have a theme. Is love or starting our lives together not enough? I'm all for couples who have themed weddings - I think it's really awesome and (can be) unique, but it's just not for me. 

That being said, there are a few details that may be themed-oriented that I'm toying with. 

The first is travel. I think most people love to travel - to see and experience new things outside of their everyday world. I think I'll be incorporating this with our table numbers and our card box.

Taken from - where else? - Pinterest! I do love that garland on the bottom right.

The second is chalkboards. I love me some chalkboards. As a kid, I was super upset when my school made the transition from chalkboards to whiteboards. Allergies and convenience be damned! I wanted my blackboard  - a term I always found confusing because my school had green chalkboards - back! I'm thinking we'll be utilizing chalkboards for general signage, and it may also be incorporated into our favours as well! 

But not about a baby. Taken from Pinterest.

Other options I lovelovelove are mercury glass, scrabble letters and twine! But I'm not quite sure if I'll be utilizing them or not.

I also don't consider the idea of my wedding in my head overly trendy - I have a traditional, run-of-the-mill wedding on my hands. And I'm okay with that. Or I steal other people's creative ideas from Pinterest. I guess time will tell what the final vision will be!

Are you having/will you have a themed wedding? Or are you themeless like me?

No comments:

Post a Comment