Sunday 17 February 2013

Engaged!

How's that for an inspired title?


"I asked him what kind of a wedding he wished for,
He said one that would make me his wife."
- Author Unknown

Honestly, there's not much to our engagement story. We've discussed marriage for a long time ... After the first year and a half of our relationship, it was just a given to both of us that this was where we were headed. We started looking at rings around the same time we moved in together, and just got engaged when the timing (and budget!) was right. 

On the night of our engagement, Spencer was acting so unbelievably weird. So, so, sooooo weird. It was a Friday and we had big plans to visit family - my mom because I'd been working a lot and hadn't had a chance to see her in a while and his brother because he and his wife had just had a baby. 

I had just gotten off a night shift, so I was sleeping when Spencer came home from work. He kissed me hello, asked me where the money I owed him (for the mortgage) was, and then told me he was going to go get gas. I said if he'd just wait five minutes, I'd wake up and go with him. He kept on telling me to sleep longer, he'd be right back, just keep sleeping, sleep in. So, I finally stopped fighting him and was lazy in bed for a while - not difficult for me, I love sleeping! 


Almost two hours later (!) he gets home and we go on with our business. After we were done visiting our people, he asked me if I wanted to go home or do something. As I had just finished a stretch of nights, I was itching to not sit at home, so we decided to go for a drive and see if the Christmas lights were up around the city yet. This was his idea, and I should've been suspicious - Spencer's not a big fan of Christmas. Anyway, three spots and no lights to be seen! He was getting weirder and weirder with each failed attempt at looking at lights. So, eventually he took me to a hill that overlooks the river valley and downtown skyline. We were sitting in the car, and I wasn't paying much attention to anything when he said "Hey." I turned around, and there was the ring in his hot little hand!


... And then I cried (tears of joy) and said yes!


Duh. If I didn't, we wouldn't be here.


Did your fiance act super weird before they proposed?

No comments:

Post a Comment