Saturday 6 April 2013

Again, radio silence.

Sorry.

What has been going on in the wedding world?

  • We paid off a few vendors.
  • We're still searching for a florist - have a few great contenders!
  • We decided on our centerpieces and started amassing all the crap stuff for them.
  • We decided on more cost effective favour packaging.
  • I went dress shopping.
Alright, paying off the vendors - easy-peasy. And every time we chip away at those bills, it feels SO GOOD!

We've seen four florists - and trust me, I'm done. I think we're almost ready to make a decision ... I'll post about our inspiration and such when we've made a decision. 

Our centerpieces have gotten me the most excited because when we decided what we wanted, good deals started magically falling into our laps (with a teeny tiny bit of work, if I'm being honest) and it's all coming together beautifully. But, again, I'll post more later.

Originally, I wanted spice jars filled with Jelly Belly jelly beans. The spice jars are $1.00 each. For everything, we're going on the estimate of 300 guests. So that would be $300.00 for the packaging alone. And then the jelly beans alone would be around $500.00. That is waywayway too much for me to spend on favours ... Especially since at the end of the night we'd probably just end up with hundreds of empty spice jars. To google I went! I found 2x2x2 clear boxes for 30 cents each (totals about $100ish with shipping) and they also hold 30g less jelly beans, which is about $350.00, but don't quote me on that. Either way, at least we'll be saving some money! Which is always great!

I'll discuss dress shopping in a later post. I went today, and my head is still spinning from all of the options. 

Until next time ... 

No comments:

Post a Comment